I went into Netflix’s Candy Tooth not understanding what to anticipate, and what I obtained was an adventurous, mysterious, and wild journey. The sequence primarily based on the comedian ebook of the identical identify by Jeff Lemire takes place in a post-apocalyptic world as a younger boy named Gus, who’s half-human and half deer, units out on a quest to search out his mom, and finally ends up discovering out far more than he bargained for. Every of the eight episodes is full of so many twists and turns that by the point the ultimate episode rolls round, you are left begging for extra.
So, will there be a second season? Although Netflix hasn’t formally renewed the sequence, there is a good probability it’ll have extra episodes. Not solely is it primarily based on a comic book ebook, that means there are many storylines left to discover, however inside sooner or later of its launch, the present has already discovered its method into the Prime 5 on Netflix. Plus, the truth that it is govt produced by Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey most likely does not harm!
Within the season one finale, so many storylines come collectively, however there are nonetheless so many free ends left to tie up. After Gus learns his true origins, he tries to hunt refuge at The Protect not understanding that it has truly been taken over by Normal Abbot and his Final Males. They ultimately present up, shoot Jepperd, and seize Gus. Whereas Gus narrowly escapes being experimented on at The Protect, there are nonetheless so many darkish uncertainties looming. Listed here are only a handful of questions I want answered in a second season:
- How will Jepperd get better from being shot? Actually, this was the largest query on my thoughts after seeing Jepperd unconscious within the area. Although he’s ultimately rescued by Aimee, understanding what occurs to his character within the comics, I am unable to assist however fear about his destiny on the present.
- What does Aimee have deliberate for The Protect? Talking of Aimee, what precisely does she have deliberate for The Protect? She’s adamant on working with Jepperd to get her daughter again, however what sort of methods does she have up her sleeve?
- Will Bear be reunited along with her sister? One of many largest twists within the remaining episode is that Bear’s actual identify is Becky and her sister is definitely Wendy, aka Aimee’s adopted daughter who has been captured by The Protect. One thing tells me we’re in for a giant household reunion in season two.
- What’s Normal Abbot’s deal anyhow? The primary season barely scratches the floor of Normal Abbot’s backstory. It seems that he desires the vaccine in order that he can use it nonetheless he sees match, however what are his better plans?
- Will Jepperd be reunited along with his son? In one of many remaining episodes, we study that Jepperd’s spouse gave beginning to a son, however they have been taken away shortly afterwards. We will not assist however surprise if his son is definitely one of many hybrids at The Protect with Gus.
- Which facet is Birdie on? Within the remaining scene of season one, we study that Birdie continues to be alive and seems to be working in Alaska to discover a remedy. However whose facet is she on? In episode seven, we study that Birdie stays again at Fort Smith when the navy takes over the lab in order that Richard can take off and save Gus. Maybe she agrees to assist them in order that she will work undercover to discover a remedy and ultimately reunite with Gus.