Emily in Paris first premiered on Oct. 2, and whereas the Netflix is the right escape present for some, there are additionally lots of storylines which have left individuals scratching their heads. Nevertheless, the newest revelation about Emily Cooper’s actual age could be probably the most complicated of all. In a latest interview with Vogue, actress Lily Collins revealed that she thinks her character is actually “22-ish,” and I am sorry, huh? I undoubtedly imagined the character being in her 20s, but when Emily is 22, would not that imply she simply received out of faculty? If that is the case, how does she have a grasp’s diploma in advertising and marketing? Listed here are much more questions I am questioning now that we all know her actual age:
- Is Emily truly a genius? Not solely does she have a grasp’s diploma at such a younger age, however she already has a lot accountability at her new job. She’s on her method to changing into a senior model supervisor, which is certainly not a job you get straight out of faculty with little-to-no expertise. Did she skip a complete bunch of grades or one thing?
- Is Emily not as massive of a Gossip Woman fan as she made us imagine? If Emily is 22, meaning she was about 9 when Gossip Woman first premiered. One thing tells me she wasn’t watching the CW sequence when it aired, however she makes it sound like she’s SUCH an enormous fan. Did she simply binge-watch the sequence on Netflix later in life?
- How is Emily sporting all of these designer garments? Assuming she did graduate lately, would not she have a ton of pupil loans to repay? How is she strolling round in designer manufacturers like Chanel? (No, actually, educate me your methods, Emily!)
- Why was Emily so stunned about Timothée’s age? After hooking up with Camille’s brother, she appears so horrified by the truth that he is 17, when actually, there’s solely a five-year age distinction between them. She additionally appears confused why he is 17 and out of faculty, but when my genius idea is appropriate, it seems like Emily graduated school fairly early as nicely.
- So, Emily is definitely a Gen Z-er? All this time, Emily in Paris has been marketed as Intercourse and the Metropolis for millennials, but when she’s 22, that truly makes her a Gen Z-er. I am so confused!
- How come the Emily in Paris soundtrack would not embody any Taylor Swift bops? If Emily is really 22, I’d have anticipated not less than one reference to the long-lasting Taylor Swift monitor of the identical identify. You recognize Emily most likely has Crimson saved on her iPhone playlist! With that attractive Paris backdrop, I do know I would be replaying “Start Once more” on repeat and reenacting the music video each probability I get.