Alexis Rose could not have ended up with both Ted Mullens or Mutt Schitt on Schitt’s Creek, however the actress who performs her did get her fortunately ever after IRL. Annie Murphy has been married to musician Menno Versteeg, lead singer of the bands Hollerado and Anyway Gang, since August 2011, and their relationship is greater than somewhat bit lovable. Although the 2 are inclined to hold their romance and their personal lives on the DL (save for some goofy couple’s selfies on IG), this is all the things we all know in regards to the Canadian singer who stole Annie’s coronary heart over a decade in the past.
- Menno was raised in Manotick, Ontario on the identical avenue as his three future Hollerado band members. The foursome grew up taking part in collectively and ultimately recorded their first demo in 2007. The indie rock group performed collectively for 12 years and launched 4 studio albums throughout that point, in addition to one self-produced album. “It was 12 years in the past yesterday that we performed our first ever present at our pal’s bar in Montreal,” the band wrote in an IG post announcing their 2019 split. “Since then we have had one of the best time, on a regular basis, and now it is time to transfer on to different issues. We’re all nonetheless greatest associates on this planet and can cherish each second that we obtained to spend taking part in music collectively.”
- In summer time 2018, Menno joined Canadian supergroup Anyway Gang, which additionally consists of solo artist, Sam Roberts, Dave Monks of Tokyo Police Membership, and Chris Murphy of Sloan.
- After Hollerado disbanded in February 2019 and Anyway Gang launched their debut album in November 2019, Menno released his first solo album, Reno Tapes, below the title Mav Karlo in March 2020. Menno created the album whereas in Reno, NV, with nothing however a guitar and a tape recorded.
- Along with producing music, Menno co-founded the indie record label Royal Mountain Records in 2009, which is thought for offering a $1,500 psychological well being fund to every band signed with the label to assist them take care of the stress that may include touring and performing. As Menno defined to The Globe and Mail in August 2019, “You go to the physician to get a checkup on your physique. Why getting a checkup on your head is not seen as simply as vital blows my thoughts.”
- Menno has also composed music for TV and movies, together with The Trotsky, Kim’s Comfort, and — in fact — Schitt’s Creek.
- In Could 2013, Menno and Annie misplaced almost all the things when their Toronto apartment was destroyed by a fireplace, however Menno wasn’t too fazed by the incident. “I believe it is actually going to be okay,” he instructed the Huffington Put up quickly after. “I am not anxious in any respect. It is simply stuff.”
- Menno and his spouse have collaborated on music collectively, together with the Hollerado track “Good Day on the Races” and “A Little Bit Alexis” from Schitt’s Creek. “Annie wrote all of the lyrics, and he or she’s one of many funniest individuals on this complete planet, and that actually mirrored when she began having enjoyable with the lyrics,” Menno defined throughout a September 2020 interview with Elle.