If you happen to’re attempting to chop down on processed sugar, use the pure sweetness of apples to your benefit! These apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins are sweetened with just-picked apples, applesauce, and banana, leading to a superbly moist, vegan muffin you’ll be able to take pleasure in for breakfast, snack, or dessert. No sweeteners wanted!
This recipe is made with entire wheat flour, oats, and flaxmeal for added fiber, making these tender muffins tremendous filling. They’re scrumptious on their very own, with a little bit sugar-free jam, or my private favourite — smeared with this do-it-yourself pumpkin spice cashew butter.
This recipe makes 15 muffins, however you’ll be able to double the batch to freeze for later. If you need a muffin, simply pop one out of the freezer and microwave for 20 seconds. For simply 61 energy, you’ll be able to take pleasure in a number of for a snack or have a pair together with your breakfast smoothie. You will not miss the sugar in any respect!
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
3 tablespoons water
1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond and Cashew Milk)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 small apples peeled and finely chopped (1 1/2 packed cups)
1/3 cup applesauce (I used a kind of little cups that come within the six-pack)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups entire wheat flour
1 cup rolled or fast oats (I used fast oats)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (non-obligatory)
- Preheat oven.
- In a small bowl, combine collectively the flaxmeal and water and put aside for a couple of minutes to thicken.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk collectively the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar, and put aside for a couple of minutes to curdle (this makes vegan buttermilk).
- In a big bowl, mash the bananas till easy and creamy. Peel, core, and chop the apples into pea-size items. Add them to the bowl with the banana, and add within the applesauce and vanilla. Stir within the flax and milk mixtures.
- In a medium bowl or mixing cup, combine collectively the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry elements to the moist and blend properly.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake for 25 to half-hour, or till a toothpick inserted within the heart of the muffin comes out clear.
Here is the dietary info for one muffin from verywell.com.
- 15 muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook dinner Time
- Complete Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds
- Energy per serving