So you’ve decided that you want to have a Fitness Model, or maybe you just want to be in Fitness Model shape. Regardless of your end goal, experts agree that the most important area to focus on is Nutrition. Without proper nutrition it will not matter how many crunches you’ve done or how fast you run a 5K; you will not achieve the 6 pack you covet. Your time at the gym may be a waste if you have not implemented the Fitness Model Nutrition Tips listed below.
- Ban the word ‘Diet’ from your vocabulary: The word Diet indicates that your nutritional choices are short term. If you want to achieve Fitness Model Shape, you need to change your lifestyle so that you are feeding your body properly everyday, not just for the next few weeks.
- Eliminate or Significantly Reduce your alcohol consumption: I’m not saying you can not have a glass of wine with dinner, just do not have one (or three) EVERY night. Consider it a special indulgence instead of an everyday occurrence.
- Cut out Canned Veggies: Canned vegetables may be convenient but they are filled with sodium which can cause bloating. If you must use them, make sure you rinse them well to reduce the sodium content. Frozen vegetables are an excellent alternative to canned veggies; they can be prepared quickly without sacrificing their nutritional content.
- Watch for Hidden Sugar in Everything: Sugar is a common additive to make almost anything taste better. Watch out for hidden sugar in everything; including low fat yogurt and other ‘healthy’ products.
- Avoid Crash ‘Diets’ at all Costs: Crash ‘Diets’ are not only ineffective for building a stunning Fitness Model body, they are downright dangerous. Sure, you may lose weight, but you’ll also lose muscle tone. If you’ve made the smart decision to ban ‘Diets’ then do not fall victim to the false promises of Crash ‘Diets’!
- Sweets Are Treats, Not Meals: Fitness Models love ice cream Just as much as everyone else, but they have learned that these should be treats. Do not skip a meal so you can have some sweets and learn to enjoy your favorite items, in moderation.
- Refuel After Each Workout: The best time to fuel your muscles is after a workout. Make sure you eat a snack that is high in Protein (including some carbs) within 30-45 minutes of working out.
- Never Get Hungry: To ensure that you maintain quality metabolism functioning; eat every 2-3 hours (approximately 5-6 meals per day). With this formula, you will not hit the 3pm wall and end up indulging in all those sweet trees!
- You’re Not Getting Enough Water: A common misconception is that 8 glasses of water is enough, it’s not! 8 Glasses (64oz.) Of water is a minimum, not a goal. For example: a 150lb woman (who is not working out) should be drinking at least 12 glasses of water per day. Increase your water consumption if you are working out.
- Set Goals: So you’re having trouble making changes to your nutrition? Fitness Models battle with their food choices too. Keep your spirits up by setting small attainable nutrition goals each week. Maybe this week, you’ll start by increasing you water, it’s one of the healthiest habits you can have!
Source by Jamie Adams