I have been loving consuming veggies for breakfast. I am critical! Ever since I discovered about calorie density and began following the Starch Resolution, my tastebuds have modified and I crave them within the morning. They’re low in energy and excessive in fiber in order that they’re excellent for weight reduction. For the previous two months I have been including shredded carrots to my oatmeal as a straightforward approach to get extra veggies into my breakfast. It tastes like carrot cake and helped me drop eight kilos!
Pairing my oatmeal with additional veggies helps fill me up and retains me energized and satiated for at the very least three hours. Steamed broccoli or cauliflower are my go-tos, including about 100 calories, 15 grams of fiber, and 10 grams of protein to the meal. This carrot cake steel-cut oatmeal is sweetened naturally with banana, with beneficiant quantities of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice added to essentially intensify the carrot-cake taste. It is really easy to meal prep a giant six-serving batch on Sunday. To maintain them contemporary, I wish to retailer them in particular person glass containers, placing three within the fridge and three within the freezer. For those who give this a attempt, you may high your oatmeal with raisins, pecans, flax meal, additional fruit, or plant-based yogurt. I wish to get pleasure from mine with out toppings!
- 1 1/2 cups metal minimize oats
3 1/2 cups water
10-ounce bag of shredded carrots
3 bananas (contemporary or frozen)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add all of the elements to a pot and canopy. Cook dinner on excessive till it begins to boil.
- Scale back to a simmer, and cook dinner for 20 to half-hour, or till desired texture.
- Take away from warmth and use a fork to mash the bananas up.
- Pour combination right into a six-cup glass container, and as soon as it is cool, cowl and place within the fridge in a single day.
- The following day, minimize into six servings. I wish to put all six in separate containers, and place three within the fridge and three within the freezer.
- Whenever you’re able to eat, microwave for 90 seconds if it was within the fridge and three minutes if it was within the freezer. Add desired toppings and revel in!
Right here’a the dietary information for one serving from verywell.com:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time
- 20 minutes
- Complete Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds
- Energy per serving