Low in energy whereas remaining filled with taste, these pumpkin bars make an excellent dessert. The little bit of cream cheese frosting provides a misleading component of decadence, however a single serving solely comprises 71 energy and 1.7 grams of fats. These bars are excessive in vitamin A — and belief me, you can’t even style the shredded carrot. With dietary stats like that, it is OK to return for seconds.
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Earth Balance (or different butter substitute)
2 giant egg whites
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
2/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- Cream cheese topping:
4 ounces gentle cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 15 x 10 inch jelly-roll pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a bigger bowl, use an electrical mixer to beat the sugar, brown sugar, and Earth Stability till crumbly. Add the eggs, egg whites, pumpkin pie filling, and carrots. Beat till effectively blended.
- Add the flour combination and blend till effectively blended. Unfold onto greased pan.
- To organize cream cheese topping, combine collectively the cream cheese, sugar, and milk till totally blended.
- Drop teaspoons filled with topping over pumpkin batter and swirl and reduce combination into batter with a butter knife.
- Bake for 20 to half-hour or till toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear.
- Cool in pan fully on wire rack earlier than chopping into squares.
Makes 48 squares.
- North American